Recently, I recommended a new colleague of mine a concealer that is in my Top 8 list. It was then I realized that this isn’t the 1st time (in fact, countless) that I’ve been asked by friends to recommend concealers for them.
Dark eye rings, fine lines and puffiness are the major concerns for almost everyone. Finding the right shade and coverage is very important because we want to conceal the flaws, not magnify them.
Tips to remember:
1. Always apply eye cream before you use a concealer.
2. Always try on the shades to find the closest and perfect shade for your skin tone. Never guess!
3. Always find the shade that matches your face overall tone. Lighter shades may emphasize the puffiness or make the blue-black shade of dark eye rings look worse.
4. If you have a very serious case of dark eye rings, always use a corrector in salmon shade first before concealer for better coverage.
5. Apply the concealer using a nylon brush or with your fingers. When you are using your fingers, remember to dap the concealer until it reaches a smooth layer. Rubbing will result in an uneven layer and it will also cause damage to the thin skin under your eyes.
6. Concealers that promises high coverage will most likely have high pigment concentration, which may create fine lines or make the existing lines you already have, more obvious.
And now, it’s time to share with you my Top 8 favorite concealers~!
It covers and brightens, and contains an oil-free formula. One to two clicks of the applicator is all you need. This concealer creates a soft-focus effect, brightening the eye area while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a natural, radiant look. The range comes in 14 shades and you can definitely find a shade for your skin tone.
2. Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer
This is my everyday concealer. It aids to lift up fine lines and wrinkles while it conceals. Thanks to tensine, an active ingredient with skin-firming properties for the eye area, and vitamins A and E, which regenerate the skin. This multi-purpose product also conceals specific, darker areas (brown spots, blotches, etc.) and can be used as a highlighter on the more prominent parts of the face (cheekbones, forehead, and chin) for added radiance.
3. Make Up For Ever Full Cover
As the name goes, it provides maximum coverage indeed. It is said to be able to cover up tattoos and scars, let alone dark eye rings. I will only recommend to eye areas that are free from fine lines and wrinkles due to its high pigment concentration. Waterproof and oil proof, it is also a good concealer for your face and body too.
4. Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Touche Eclat (Brightener)
This brightener/corrector/ concealer is so loved by models, makeup artists and celebrities! To me, it is an instant radiance pen that conceals fatigue and discoloration with wonder. Not enough sleep? Use this to fake the fresh look you will ever need. It can also be used as a highlighter too!
5. Amazing Cosmetics Concealer
This is another high coverage concealer and it claims to be the most amazing concealer available today. With its highly-pigmented super-emollient waterproof formula, the product blends well and creates a flawless natural-looking complexion.
6. Christian Dior SkinFlash Radiance Booster Pen (Brightener)
Why do models and celebrities always look so good in the midst of their busy schedules? With this full coverage concealer, you’ll be camera ready in no time! The densely pigmented concealer stick is a sizzling hot favourite for runways and the best thing about it? No powder is needed to provide a finish as the concealer has soft focus powders which will matify and set after application!
8. Smashbox High Definition Concealer
A light-weight liquid concealer that masks dark circles and imperfections, it leaves a natural finish and you can build up the even coverage by applying layer after layer. The formula contains cell-energizing Ribose which renews the appearance of skin, and soft focus pearls deflect light to minimize the appearance of blemishes and fine lines.
That’s all for now. Head to the stores and try them out to find the right concealer for yourself! Happy shopping 🙂
If you do have any recommendations or a favourite concealer to share, please feel free to comment 🙂
THE MAKEUP PAPARAZZI