WHAT YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT YOUR EYES
Ladies, babes & girls, you know we use our eyes to captivate, communicate & fascinate, right? Unfortunately, one of the earliest signs of aging actually occurs around the eyes! If you didn’t realize it, this area is super susceptible to fine lines & wrinkles because the skin is extremely delicate. So I’ve done my research to share with you on what you should know.
Dark circles, bags, puffiness, wrinkles, fine lines… you name it, all of these can make you look older, tired, & worn-out… even if the rest of your face is still wrinkle-free & radiant 😦 S0 sad, right? Do you also know that constant stretching & contracting of the area around our eyes as we talk, laugh or cry (especially during those K-Drama marathons!) make our eye areas even more prone to developing those horrid lines?
On top of that, as we age, our skin naturally produces less collagen & the loss of elasticity of the elastin fibres results in decreased suppleness. Losing the fat under our eyes give the appearance of ugly, hollowed-out eyes. Other aggressors that add to this kind of damage would be the sun (again? yes!). They accelerate the formation of fine lines and wrinkles, also commonly known as “Crow’s Feet”.
And needless to say, the key reason why young girls (like us *ahem*) often lament about our puffiness, dark eye rings & eye bags are simply because of our late nights & hardcore partying. Oh, how we hate those swelling & puffiness that makes our eyelids droop… & those dark circles – they just make us look so much older 😦
So, all of these issues will continue to worsen as we age, unless action is taken to prevent the situation. Technically speaking, there is no way to stop or even reverse the aging process & the only favour you can do for yourself is to invest in a skin care regimen that includes taking care of your eyes… in which an anti-wrinkle eye cream is a must-have!
The truth is that if you don’t hydrate your eyes enough, the fragile skin area around our eyes will be so dry & tight, they will stretch, crease & turn into permanent lines!
Eye creams have changed dramatically over the years. They have gone from stand alone formulations targeting one specific issue to formulations that targets a multitude of concerns such as fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness in a single product. These technologically advanced, high quality eye creams contain ingredients designed to increase hydration, reduce wrinkles, lighten dark circles and diminish puffiness that will dramatically reduce the visible signs of aging.
Now, when you are out there shopping for an eye cream, there are a few things you should consider:
- First, all eye creams should contain powerful moisturizers to keep skin hydrated & nourished. Moisturizers like hyaluronic acid can also reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles & make skin look & feel velvety smooth.
- If you want to address problems like puffiness & bags, look out for eye creams that contains soothing, anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- For dark circles, eye creams that contain Vitamin K are good choices because this ingredient has proven to light dark under-eye skin.
- Eye Products that contain Retinols (Vitamin A derivatives); anti-oxidants that have the ability to reduce wrinkles.
- Peptides (acetyl hexapeptide, palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7) that have clinically shown effectiveness in reducing wrinkle depth & stimulate collagen production.
- Hyaluronic acid, considered as nature’s most powerful moisturizer that naturally plumps skin & diminishes fine lines & wrinkles.
With such a wide variety of choices for eye care products, are you in a dilemma on what to choose? While you shop looking for those ingredients backed by dermatologists & beauty researchers, make sure you are not allergic or sensitive to these ingredients too. And make sure you address your specific eye care needs – don’t bother asking beauty consultants too much about the ingredients because I doubt they will be able to tell you more than what I have shared; it’s like making them go through a Science test!
TIP FROM SAB: Don’t buy an eye cream that is meant for hydration & wonder why your eyes are still puffy – it doesn’t make sense. If you have more than 1 major issue, you can always buy 2 types of eye care products – 1 to use in the day & 1 to use at night!
Come next week, I will reveal my TOP 10 list of recommended eye care products, so stay tuned 😉
THE MAKEUP PAPARAZZI